- Oral presenters are asked to upload a 10-minute video of their presentation to the conference platform.
- Poster presenters are asked to upload a 1-page PDF of their poster and have the option of uploading a 2-minute video to explain their science.
The upload deadline is Monday, November 14, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time. APS/DFD cannot guarantee videos uploaded after the deadline will be played at the meeting.
NOTE: The primary presenter for each abstract must be registered to upload their video or poster.
If you cannot attend the meeting in person, your uploaded video will be shown during the time slot of your scheduled presentation. All Q&A for oral and poster presentations will occur asynchronously via the meeting website.
Award sessions, invited talks, and a small number of key sessions will be recorded during the conference and included on the virtual platform, contingent upon author consent.
Videos will be available on the meeting platform to registered attendees until December 31, 2022.
Uploading your presentation to the virtual platform benefits the entire DFD community – and you!
- Expands the reach of your research so ALL registrants can see your presentation. This includes those from around the world who may not be able to travel to the Meetings.
- Allows attendees to view presentations that overlap in the schedule.
- Allows attendees to go back and re-listen to a talk after the conference.
- Allows attendees to refer colleagues to talks of particular interest to their study area.
- Ensures in-person presenters that their talk will be available to all attendees should unforeseen circumstances (such as illness) prevent them from coming.
NEW THIS YEAR!
There will be an award for the most-watched video on the meeting platform.